Drink enough water so that you piss clear!
Some of you
may have seen this information floating in the effluvia of cyberspace, but out
here on the playa, it's even more
We all know
how important water is to your survival out here. But do you know just how
important it really is?
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that
it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as
much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water
a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen
or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and
one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.